Skincare basics + tips


In my last post, I've opened up about my recent love for makeup and let's face it, it isn't all fun when after using a new product, all the spots decide to make a surprise visit on your face. I admit, for a 17 year old girl, I have quite the clear skin ( most of the time ) so I thought why not share my skincare routine as a recommendation on how to keep that beautiful makeup canvas of yours free from breakouts.


First, you have to wash your face at least twice a day. Use an actual facial wash to open those pores before using / applying anything else ( #freethepores ). If you've been using your body soap to clean your face as you shower, and still feel like your face isn't as clean as it should be, you should invest in a good quality face wash. tip: wash your face, neck and shoulders.
HadaLabo Whitening
Face Wash





           I'm currently using the HadaLabo Whitening Face Wash. 

            I bought it because I really like how it thoroughly cleans. 
            Despite it's name, it doesn't whiten your face at all, it just
            cleans and clears your skin so your natural skin colour 
            can be seen ( hmm yeah natural skin, natural beauty you ). 





After you've rinsed and dried your face, apply toner. If you're like me and have oily skin, or you don't feel like you are 100% makeup free, using a toner after you wash your face really helps get all that extra oil / product off your face. tip: if your face is sticky, it means that the toner is working and you shouldn't worry about that.
SebaMed Deep Cleansing
Facial Toner



I'm using the SebaMed Deep Cleansing Facial Toner. 
This particular product was made specifically for 
teenagers because teens have more new and sensative
skin. But my mother uses it too, I doubt that age matters
when it comes to what product you're using. 





Next is my personal favorite step, moisturizing. Oh how much I just love moisturizing my face especially after washing and toning. Washing and toning really helps to get your face clean, but unless its a moisturizing cleanser and / or toner, it makes your skin dry. Now, if you want to get good healthy skin, you probably do not want to skip this step in your day and night skincare routine. tip: same as face wash, don't miss your neck and shoulders.

For moisturizing I use 2 different products depending on how dry my face feels.

Clean & Clear
Oil Free Moisturizer
HadaLabo Perfect Hydrating Gel


↤ I use the Clean & Clear Oil free moisturizer for everyday use. It's lightweight and doesn't leave you melting on a hot day
-
I only use the HadaLabo Perfect Hydrating Gel in my night routine for days that have left my skin extra dry ↦




The most important and last step is to use a sunblock. Now you can choose to use a moisturizer that has SPF 15 or start applying foundation that has SPF in them, but personally I choose to use a separate sunblock that is made specifically for the face. This is just a personal option though, so you do you and do what you like most, but using sunblock is really important, UV rays and all that. tip: use it everyday before leaving your house, it's not necessary for night-time 

SunSense Daily Face
SPF 50




I use SunSense Daily Face SPF 50 for daily use. It's an Australian brand that specializes in sunscreens. The liquid itself has colour but like it says on the packaging, invisible tint and matte finish, in other words, it dries invisible and you don't see any difference. It dries fast and not sticky. 






Also, here's another suggestion. Don't use makeup everyday. I know, I know "Wow that's a bust" but here's the deal, your skin needs to breathe from time to time and not just in the night, it needs to breathe during the day too! You're not a vampire and so is your skin. Keep your face nice and clean, moisturized, blocked from the sun and I'm sure you will have better skin. Also, I'm doubt that all the chemicals from makeup products are good for you anyway.

So, that would be the end of my skincare basics and tips. I hope this helps you. If you liked this post comment down below. If you've tried it and see this as helpful, comment down below. If you have more to add or want to suggest other ways to keep your skin healthy, let me know!

Just a reminder, every person have very different skin and even if people with the same type of skin does the same routine, it might not work as good for each individual. These are all only suggestions with very basic steps, if it does not help, you can see a dermatologist or ask the person who does your facials ( because that's what I did )

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.