Creative Slumps


A 'creative slump' is when you, as a person that has a love for creating, can't be bothered to create something even though you know fully well that you LOVE creating things. So, you're stuck in this period of time where you're uninspired, and unmotivated to do the things you have a passion for.


I hate being on a creative slump because it's tiring and frustrating for a person that works in the creative industry and/or depend on their creativity to de-stress. If you're like me, someone who gets overwhelmed frequently and uses painting and writing as an escape, then creative slumps are definitely something you dread happening.

Secondly, creative slumps have you doubting yourself. It's been  a long time since I've written or painted anything. There are so many drafts that I had to go through and delete because I felt that it was not good enough to be read or I knew for sure I won't be continuing anytime soon. Over the past few months, I haven't picked up a pencil or brush and I hate myself for that. I used to be so sure that I wanted to be a graphic designer but since this slump happened, it had me thinking that I may not be good enough to pursue a career in art. 

Third, I'm almost always bored but can't be bothered to do something because I either lose interest within a few minutes for get annoyed that what I write or draw is not good enough. Like I said, it's very frustrating when all I want to do is draw or write something but I just can't think of anything.


Luckily a slump is only temporary and you'll get back on your feet one day, but how long would it take? The answer is never the same for anyone, even yourself. All I can say is, keep your head up and no matter how unworthy you are for creating, just persevere. 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.