When Will This End

From time to time someone will say or do something that gets me thinking and when I get my brain working, ideas spread like wildfire.


The other day a classmate of mine, a guy that I regularly hang out with, said "If I had that powder that could make people unaware.... I would have so much fun!" and at the time we were talking about girls... Basically, he said he wanted to rape. WHICH IS SO DISGUSTING and even though right after I told him straight up that what he was thinking of doing is rape he said that it wasn't BECAUSE AND THIS IS THE WORST PART he's a nice guy and doesn't rape. ALRIGHT. STOP RIGHT THERE BUDDY. You are NOT a NICE guy if you were thinking of making a girl unconcious for your own pleasure. What happened next was, I told the schools counsellor what happened and he got in trouble. What happened that day got me thinking on how many people in this world are unaware of how wrong they are being and how far back their mindset is, especially in my country.

Another thing that happened was yesterday was a class party day, technically it was only half a day because before break we had normal classes. Imagine tables being organised in rows with food on the tables, my history teacher came into class and started scolding us cause she wanted the food to be organised neatly in the table at the corner. Now, since the boys were closer they moved to move the food which is what people should do, you do the thing because you are closer. 

It's exactly like turning off the light in the room, whoever is nearest or the last one in the room, closes the damn lights, but my teacher got angry because, and I quote, "Girls! Why aren't you moving? The girls are supposed to clean the class, not the boys, how lazy of you" (Excuse my english, it isn't my first language and it's hard translating actual dialogues that happened) and that irritated me. WHY DID SHE SAY THAT?? 

Why were the GIRLS being lazy just because we didn't move the food from one table to another, when in reality we were literally cleaning the class at the exact same time. Yes, my history teacher is a lady. It bothers me so much that girls are looked down upon and put on a level so low and expected to do all the cleaning, but when boys do it, its a "wonderful surprise" and very "sweet of them" to help around from time to time. No. Girls shouldn't be expected to only clean and it shouldn't be a wonderful surprise when boys do the cleaning. You're probably wondering "well if the girls moved the food first my teacher would probably have scolded them and called them lazy too", and the answer is no. They would not have gotten scolded, my teacher would be there standing in front of the class while the girls did everything and the boys in their seats.

When will this end? When will boys stop thinking of these disgusting, horrible situations and actually try to do them but say what they're doing isn't bad because they are 'good guys'? When will people stop telling ONLY girls to clean up everything when boys could do it too? When will it be okay for me to speak up on my opinions without feeling anxious on what people, especially my friends and family, would say? Because, it should be now. 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.